Friday 28 February 2014

February nearly gone

After a few days of tolerable weather, today it is cold, windy and with wintery precipitation...sometimes rain, sometimes sleet.  I am not feeling on top of the world!

I have lost my lovely brown gloves...we have turned the house upside down, mentally traced steps since last used, looking, and phoning up, etc.  I must now wait patiently and if they are to be found, they will be found! They will appear...

Meanwhile I have been trying to cheer myself up, looking at the photos I have taken so far this month.

A few remind me of the glad times...a nice chocolate cake for someone special:


A few days away at one of our favourite seaside places meant stopping en route at Anglesey Abbey.  This small area of Silver Birches is doing very well, the last time I saw these was over six years ago.
Their bark shimmered in the bright low winter sun.


A few bird pictures... the first was of the closed ferry crossing to Walberswick.


There were many gulls waiting on posts...so we walked down the working side to the old railway crossing and were rewarded this view of the Little Egret just a few meters from the path.


And at Blythburgh Church one of the Angles with bird like wings from the roof taken down and now above the entrance, all painted up.


I was doing my shopping for the cake etc on Valentine's eve, and looked at the beautiful roses, then wandered down the fruit isle...my mind wandering: roses.."Roses Lime Marmalade" came up just I was passing the limes, so a few nets went into my trolley...et Voila Valentine Marmalade made on Valentine's Day...

I took knitting, reading, and calligraphy to The Swan Hotel where we had an enormous room..Room 5, with a really wide super king size bed, no zips! and so much room otherwise too, a walk in cupboard, and two large armchairs, and a desk!  I finished my  Lime coloured potholders there.


No comments:

Post a Comment