Wednesday 28 November 2012

BBC Good Food Show

What a great day, thanks to Penny who kindly gave me her ticket...she had a more prestigious appointment at the House of Lords.

I'll write more about my day later perhaps...but here is a little taster.  After viewing and tasting round numerous stalls, I sat down at the Great British Bake Off Stage, chatted with a couple of lovely ladies.  We got close up with some of the stars of the show.



Mary-Anne Boermans was a great lady to talk to, so knowledgeable and was happy for me take her picture.



I spotted my favourite Sea Salt Company had their stall, .


and my stash of salt has been increased.  The lady serving me was very friendly and asked me what I was using so much salt for, I said bread making, and she looked at me suprised, I replied: only the best!  Actually I do also use Maldon Sea Salt too.




One of my favourite flour producers was also there, and their new packaging sets off their speciality flours beautifully.  The bag of Einkorn flour which I bought only added to the great weight in my bag, and I look forward to trying this out.



There were stalls for the sweet toothed too, though I resisted...


I bought some of my favourite extra virgin cold pressed rapeseed oil, in various flavours.  In the summer I had tasted and bought a bottle of their dill flavoured oil which is just heavenly on salads which include sea foods or chicken.



There is so much going on during the day, and my main target was the British Food and Farming Awards, where I got to cheer on those people who work so hard to bring quality food to our mouths.  Right on the other side judging of what looked like several thousand cheeses was taking place for the World Cheese Awards....

No comments:

Post a Comment