Monday 4 April 2011

Completed Housewife

No that' s not me, I am very much a work in progress, but a housewife is something to keep all one's sewing kit together. I started this sewing project in January at our WI sewing Group. I have now ditched the old black sponge bag I was using. It is much easier to find my sewing items, and when I start a project, I shall be able to get all the items from my larger box, and keep them in one place for the duration. This project has stretched my sewing abilities....and for the first time, I have sewn in a zip. I used the fabric from my stash of Panache by Moda. I hand quilted the outside following whatever took my fancy going round the shapes. Last year I had made a needle case at our group, so made up a similar shape around which to wind the tape which holds the roll together when it is closed. I had made up a small scissor keep, for my very small scissors, which has been a great help when I have 'lost' them, As the little pointy ends are very sharp and might cut through the fabric, I made a reinforced holder to fit the smallest pocket.
I loved the little blue beads which just finish off roll prettily.



When I went to the quilt course, I took the roll, and it was much admired....I think there will be several more made. On our tour of the show at the NEC, Mandy spotted the pattern, and bought it!

No comments:

Post a Comment