Tuesday 19 October 2010

Kenilworth Knit and Natter outing to Alli Palli



Its just over a year since our 'Leader' set up the Kenilworth Knit and Natter Group, and in that space of time we have enjoyed some very good workshops.

The latest big venture was organising a coach to take us to the London Knitting and Stitching Show. We worked hard to get up numbers and our outing was made possible by having members of other craft groups such as the Leamington branch of the Guild of Embroiderers, family and friends join us.

As usual I was a little overwhelmed with just how busy London was, how much the traffic clogged up the roads, and the multitude of people. I realise that this quiet corner with wonderful countryside and people is where I belong and feel the happiest.


As usual the exhibitions where original works were staged were inspiring.....



The show was so big, that I am sure that I must have missed out some areas. Linda who is an expert smocker missed the smocking stall, so I here is a picture of a 'smocked' Christmas Decoration.

I just had to go and have a sit down, and spent a few minutes too many waiting for the coffee machines to be filled with water, I gave up in the end, and went back into the hall for a final look round....and then I grabbed a ready to you cup of Americano coffee from a 'mobile' stall in some far corner, manned by a couple of ladies, and it was the best cup I've had for many a long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment