Friday 17 July 2009

Trellis Scarf by Evelyn Clark

I'm a great fan of Evelyn Clark. I have her Knitting Lace Triangles book. The first time I saw one of her scarves completed was when Judith, my knitting guru, from Swindon days, completed the Trellis Scarf published in Interweave Knits. I have finally got round to using some of my original yarn from Posh Yarn. I've had it about three years, and it came as one of the shawl club consignments. I think it is cashmere and silk, there was no band with it, and it is so soft and a beautiful pale almond green. I think it was this pattern which led me to subscribe to the magazine from the US.
When I came to cast off, I felt the end was not wavy enough, and took the scarf and pattern to Web of Wool in Leamington, and Anna helped out by suggesting a modification. Thanks Ann, what a generous gesture, I really appreciate her help.


This scarf, I knitted for Marie-Claire. The colour really suits her, and she just loves it. I took it round on Wednesday when I spent the day with her, passing on my marmalade making skills. In the middle of the exercise whilst I was sitting down cutting up the peel, MC rustled up a lovely lunch.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful scarf Noelle! I remember that particular yarn, lovely colour. I'm sure it's cashmere/silk. At the moment I'm knitting a scarf using the same yarn and I'm intrigued by Anna's solution to creating a wavy edge.

    Liked your preserve post too. This week has been a jam making one for me too - gooseberry, blackcurrant and redcurrant jelly!

    ReplyDelete