Wednesday 17 June 2009

Kenilworth Lions Charity Grand Show

It was a glorious and sunny day.....and people were making their way towards the Abbey Fields. I arrived a little later than I had planned and sans Mr S. After a lovely lunch in the garden Mr S decided to relax at home. When I returned and chatted about the event, he wished he had come!






I sat and watched Elaine Hill and her sheepdogs entertain the crowds with her display of herding geese and teenage ducklings. I found a bit of shade close to Clinton School Steel Band's pitch and enjoyed listening to them which the course was being set up. Later I moved to the other end of the arena, to get a better view of the ducks.



After visiting the stands and chatting to friends and acquaintances, I bought a number of tickets from the Allotment group, not really making a note of the prizes. Just look at what I won....I tried to give it away, but when I called on the local children's home, they were all out, so the egg is now in pieces and hopefully, it will get shared out amongst visitors....and I shall get out my chocolate cookery book.

No comments:

Post a Comment