Monday 22 October 2007

Season for making the most of good weather



Bright days at this time of the year concentrate the gardeners' minds around getting in precious plants and sorting out the garden. Mr S(tash) and I worked hard and cleared several piles of rubbish, with trips to the local dump, with soil, rubble, plant, and metals being sorted into seperate bins.






Bright days also mean that I feel the urge to go out on the bike to explore the area. There are other excuses I dream up and quite properly carry out: picking the last the year's brambles, getting fit, hardening up one's saddle, finding happy hens and owners who sell eggs, for how else can I appease Mr S who is at work. Here at the Hatton Locks on the Grand Union Canal I rested, got out my map, and began to wonder if I had gone too far. It was worth it!



For a treat on Sunday after our chores in the garden, I showed Mr S round Warwick. I had already there once been on the bus to meet up with a new friend, who gave me a splendid tour.
There are two good yarn shops in Warwick, so there will be more trips there I am sure!
Mr S and I also popped into Hill Close Gardens which are being brought back to life, after serving orginally as pleasure gardens for the shop keepers of Warwick.
The sheds in Hill Close Gardens have been refurbished to my mind to the state of Luxury Race Course Gazebos. They are truely lovely and the materials used of inspirational aesthetic quality. They are a far site from the shed of my friend and digger extraordinaire Ron. But Ron loves his shed and would far rather sit in the door overlooking his well dug plot shading his eyes from the low autumn sun, whilst puffing on his cigarette...will Ron ever tidy it up, well some day perhaps!


No comments:

Post a Comment